Children & Families Hub
The Children & Families Hub provides:
- Advice and Guidance to the public and professionals looking for support at levels 2 and 3 (Additional and Intensive on the Effective Support Windscreen);
- is the referral pathway to request for support from Family Solutions (Level 3 Intensive Support);
- is the referral pathway for any safeguarding concerns at level 4 (Specialist on the Effective Support Windscreen).
When you telephone 0345 603 7627 - please specifically ask for the Children & Families Hub and state if it is for the:
- Consultation Line (Social Worker will give advice but not record the call)
- The Priority Line (because an immediate response is necessary)
By telephoning 0345 603 7627 and asking specifically for the Children & Families Hub, you will speak to a Family Adviser who will discuss with you and help identify the right services that will help to meet the family's needs. You can also email your query to FOH@essex.gcsx.gov.uk
If the Family Adviser feels that the level of needs described meet the Family Solutions criteria, you would be asked to complete a Request for Support (RFS) Form.
If the Family Adviser feels that there are Child Protection concerns that require Social Care involvement then they will complete a request with you. You may also be asked to complete an Children & Families Request for Support (RFS) Form. Once completed you would need to password protect it and email the form to FOH@essex.gcsx.gov.uk
A Process map have been created in order to help you understand the support you can access from the Children & Families Hub.